Where can I buy Passport Candles? Please, visit http://www.passportcandles.com/
How long has Passport Candles been apart of Unrivaled Candles? We acquired Passport Candles on Saturday, September 10 2016. We will maintain the same quality that both Passport and Unrivaled customers have come to expect. The candle fragrances you love will remain the same, we will offer both Passport and Unrivaled fragrances. Any Passport products with the same name as an Unrivaled product will be listed as Passport to differentiate between the two items.
Are Passport Candles available on Amazon.com? Not at this time. This FAQ will be updated once we have added the Passport candles to our Amazon Store
Approximately how long does each candle burn for? The 8 oz candles burn for 40 – 45 hours. The 14 oz candles burn for 70 – 75 hours. *Burn time is calculated based on burning one hour at a time (let the candle cool and solidify completely before burning again).
Safety and Burn Times
At Unrivaled Candles we want you to experience the maximum enjoyment and pleasure from our candles. We take great pride in using only the finest quality ingredients and materials. Please follow these guidelines to keep Unrivaled Candles® a bright and beautiful part of your life.
- Remove all packaging before lighting.
- Always place candles on a flat, level surface away from drafts and combustibles.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Use appropriate holders designed for the particular candle style.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/4” at all times.
- If smoking occurs, use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame, trim wicks, remove trimmings, then relight. Never burn the last 1/4″ of the candle as this portion may have an abundance of oil and has the possibility of causing large flames.
- Never burn candles in more than one hour intervals. Wait for candle to completely cool before burning again.
- Keep the wick centered. It will help your candles burn evenly and protect the sides of your holder, which could be damaged by close contact with the flame.
- Never extinguish a candle by blowing, as it may cause splashing and wax spills. Always use an Unrivaled Candles® snuffer or Unrivaled Candles wick dipper.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Never move candles when lit.
- In an emergency, never try to extinguish flame with water, use baking soda to extinguish the flame.
- Store candles in a cool, dry place to avoid color fading, melting or cracking. Keep candles out of direct sunlight to prevent fading and warping.
- Over time, candles may become scratched or seem to lose their fragrance. Rub gently with a fine mesh stocking to heighten the gloss, remove any scratches and release the fragrance from your candles.
Scented Glass Jar Candles
- Handle with care. Avoid glass-to-glass contact and do not use if the jar is cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Never allow the wick’s flame to touch the jar, as it can cause breakage and become hot to the touch. Handle with care.
- If the wick ‘falls’ or is off-center extinguish the flame, and then use a bent paper clip to re-center the wick, then relight.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause the flame to flicker and smoke. Be sure to trim the wicks prior to lighting to ¼”.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, follow the burn time suggested for your specific candle.
- To prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface discontinue use when 1/2″ of wax remains.
No, Unrivaled Candles’ wax is white and the oils used vary in color. The oils make the finished candles have a tint to them. A candle’s wax does not need to be dyed to create a beautiful fragrance.
We use a combination of essential and synthetic fragrance oils to create our exclusive scents. As much as possible, we try to use essential oils to make the majority of our fragrances. In fact, all of our scents include essential fragrance oils, but to create some scents, we need to include some synthetic ingredients
If you have a known allergy to a specific ingredient, such as cinnamon, that is triggered by skin contact or inhalation, burning a Hot Cider candle might irritate your allergies. Please read the fragrance notes in the description for each candle to determine if it contains any items that you know bothers your allergies.
We are currently accepting applications from retailers who are interested in bringing Unrivaled Candles to their customers.
A tunneling candle can definitely be a problem! A candle can tunnel for multiple reasons.
The most common reason for a candle tunneling is due to burning a candle improperly. Normally, you should let the candle burn long enough in each sitting to melt the wax all the way across the candle. If you don’t let it melt all the way across and blow it out, it will solidify and leaves an indentation in the wax. Repeats of this cause a tunneling candle. It generally takes at least 1 hour to melt the wax all the way across.
One way to fix a tunneling candle is to get the wax to a where the flame can melt it all the way across the diameter of the candle. We have two common suggestions for this:
1) Scoop the higher wax out with a spoon or a butter knife until the flame can melt the wax evenly. The wax removed this way works very well in a small container in the bathroom to keep it smelling great!
2) You can take a hair dryer and melt the higher wax on the side so it settles to a more even surface.
Refunds are offered on unused and unburned candles. You must notify us via email within 7 days of the delivery to you. To contact us click the “Contact US” link at the top of this page.
• – If you are returning the candle after it has been delivered please make sure you get a return tracking number. This will make sure your package returns safely to our warehouse- If you have rejected a parcel, the tracking number it originally had will continue to be used. Once you see it has begun its return course you should send us an email and let us know the package is being returned.
• – Refunds are generally on the price of the product, not shipping. There are exceptions to this. Please inquire with our customer support team for further information.
As always, our Customer Support team is here to help. Please make sure you contact us with any issues, questions or comments!
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase! If you aren’t happy, we want to know why!
Current law requires us to collect sales or other applicable taxes, based on the order’s “shipped to” address. Unrivaled Candles follows the guidelines for each state as they pertain to your order. Taxes will be displayed during the checkout process as an estimate and is labeled accordingly.
Once your first Wholesale order is placed, your shop will be added to our Store Locator and we will not sell to another store within a 2 mile radius of your shop.
If you’d like to see if a nearby store is within 2 miles of your location, please use the following free map Tool: Radius Calculator
If you find your candle is too strong or overpowering, consider moving your candle to a larger room or long hallway. If you want it in a small room (example: bathroom) try opening a window about an inch just to let in some fresh air to dull the candle scent.
*I don’t imagine this will be much of an issue as we’ve only had one person mention that one of our most popular candle scents was too strong, but his wife thought it was perfect. ? I do hope this helps if you encounter the same problem.