We love our candles, and hope you do too. Here are a few tips on how to care for your candle, to get the most out of your purchase.
Safety and Burn Times
At Unrivaled Candles we want you to experience the maximum enjoyment and pleasure from our candles. We take great pride in using only the finest quality ingredients and materials. Please follow these guidelines to keep Unrivaled Candles® a bright and beautiful part of your life.
- Remove all packaging before lighting.
- Always place candles on a flat, level surface away from drafts and combustibles.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Use appropriate holders designed for the particular candle style.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/4” at all times.
- If smoking occurs, use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame, trim wicks, remove trimmings, then relight.
- Keep the wick centered. It will help your candles burn evenly and protect the sides of your holder, which could be damaged by close contact with the flame.
- Never extinguish a candle by blowing, as it may cause splashing and wax spills. Always use an Unrivaled Candles® snuffer or Unrivaled Candles wick dipper.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Never move candles when lit.
- In an emergency, never try to extinguish flame with water, use baking soda to extinguish the flame.
- Store candles in a cool, dry place to avoid color fading, melting or cracking. Keep candles out of direct sunlight to prevent fading and warping.
Scented Glass Jar Candles
- Handle with care. Avoid glass-to-glass contact and do not use if the jar is cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Never allow the wick’s flame to touch the jar, as it can cause breakage and become hot to the touch. Handle with care.
- If the wick ‘falls’ or is off-center extinguish the flame, and then use a wick dipper or bent paper clip to re-center the wick, then relight.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause the flame to flicker and smoke. Be sure to trim the wicks prior to lighting to ¼”.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, follow the burn time suggested for your specific candle.
- To prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface discontinue use when 1/2″ of wax remains.
Are color dyes used in Unrivaled Candles?
No, Unrivaled Candles’ wax is white and the oils used vary in color. The oils make the finished candles have a tint to them. A candle’s wax does not need to be dyed to create a beautiful fragrance.
Can a candle cause an allergic reaction?
We use a combination of essential and synthetic fragrance oils to create our exclusive scents. As much as possible, we try to use essential oils to make the majority of our fragrances. In fact, all of our scents include essential fragrance oils, but to create some scents, we need to include some synthetic ingredients
If you have a known allergy to a specific ingredient, such as cinnamon, that is triggered by skin contact or inhalation, burning a Hot Cider candle might irritate your allergies. Please read the fragrance notes in the description for each candle to determine if it contains any items that you know bothers your allergies.
Can I buy these wholesale to sell in my store?
We are currently accepting applications from retailers who are interested in bringing Unrivaled Candles to their customers.
How do I fix a tunneling candle?
A tunneling candle can definitely be a problem! A candle can tunnel for multiple reasons.
The most common reason for a candle tunneling is due to burning a candle improperly. Normally, you should let the candle burn long enough in each sitting to melt the wax all the way across the candle. If you don’t let it melt all the way across and blow it out, it will solidify and leaves an indentation in the wax. Repeats of this cause a tunneling candle. It generally takes at least 1 hour to melt the wax all the way across.
One way to fix a tunneling candle is to get the wax to a where the flame can melt it all the way across the diameter of the candle. We have two common suggestions for this:
1) Scoop the higher wax out with a spoon or a butter knife until the flame can melt the wax evenly. The wax removed this way works very well in a small container in the bathroom to keep it smelling great!
2) You can take a hair dryer and melt the higher wax on the side so it settles to a more even surface.
Refunds are offered on unused and unburned candles. You must notify us via email within 7 days of the delivery to you. To contact us click the “Contact US” link at the top of this page.
- – If you are returning the candle after it has been delivered please make sure you get a return tracking number. This will make sure your package returns safely to our warehouse- If you have rejected a parcel, the tracking number it originally had will continue to be used. Once you see it has begun its return course you should send us an email and let us know the package is being returned.
- – Refunds are generally on the price of the product, not shipping. There are exceptions to this. Please inquire with our customer support team for further information.
As always, our Customer Support team is here to help. Please make sure you contact us with any issues, questions or comments!
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase! If you aren’t happy, we want to know why!
Will I be charged sales tax?
Current law requires us to collect sales or other applicable taxes, based on the order’s “shipped to” address. Fragrant Jewels follows the guidelines for each state as they pertain to your order. Taxes will be displayed during the checkout process as an estimate and is labeled accordingly.
Bottom of Form
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via your Account, Checkout, email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether to or whether not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.